2018 Cast Member Auditions
Auditions will take place on September 10th, 17th, and 24th from 11am to 6pm.
For the 2018 winter guard season, the Malachi Independent organization is proud to present four competitive units in the Novice, Independent Regional A, Independent A, and Independent World classifications. Auditions will be structured to place potential members into the team where they will find the most success and most potential for growth. Each participant will be evaluated by staff at multiple levels of the organization with the opportunity for individual feedback.
Note: Audition dates are for RA, A, and World Teams. Potential members for our Minis team (Novice division) need not audition but must be under 14 years of age and begin attending rehearsals in October. We will announce how to join the Minis team about mid-September.
Do you live outside of the Denver area? Most of our members live within driving distance of the Metro area, but some live as far as Fort Collins and Colorado Springs. Overnight housing and carpooling can usually be arranged for those with long commutes. Please send us an email at email@example.com to help make this happen for you.
Audition Tip #3: Don’t be afraid to reach out to staff with questions, concerns, or audition conflicts! You will be most successful with less to worry about at auditions. Please get in touch with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect at Auditions
- Open call auditions will be geared toward an intermediate, A Class level, with call backs being geared more toward the separate team expectations.
- Bring a water bottle that you can refill and plenty of snacks to get you through the day. There will be short breaks provided and time to rest during group performances.
- Flags will be provided, but you should bring your own weapons as there are a limited number of spares available. Everyone should plan to audition on flag, rifle, and dance.
- Wear black, form-fitting clothes that allow for movement, comfortability, and focus. You don’t want your clothing to be a distraction to yourself or staff!
- Contracts will be sent out within two days of the call back for each team. Those individuals will be provided a member packet and paperwork to complete.
- Rehearsals will begin in October for all contracted members.
What to Expect as a Cast Member
See last year’s Member Packet for what you can assume in regards to schedule, fees, fundraising, and expectations. Expect some changes to be made for this year’s teams. 2017 Member Packet
Below are several videos of technique exercises at the various levels within our program. It is encouraged that you learn as many of these as possible prior to auditions to enhance your confidence and abilities. More videos to come soon.
- RA Team
- A Team
- World Team
Registration is open! Please use THIS LINK to register.
We charge a $50 audition fee (Novice team exempted). This is one time payment and covers all call back sessions. Please pay online using the following Paypal button prior to the first camp. (Cash/check/card payments accepted at the door).