Malachi Summer Spin Clinics
[Done for the season. Check back in April 2018.]
June, July, and August
[Camps in Arvada, Castle Rock, and Colorado Springs]
Have fun while learning and improving your spinning skills on flags, rifles, and/or sabres with the staff and members of Malachi Winterguard. All abilities are welcome. These clinics are open to the public and any member of any color guard or winter guard. These are supportive, no pressure, events with emphasis on instruction. If you wish to audition for one of Malachi’s units in the fall, your presence at most or all of these clinics is highly encouraged.
- Ages 12 and up and all skill levels (under 12 should seek director approval or attend on of the Mini’s camp offerings – email@example.com).
- Choose any or all equipment (It’s possible to do flag all day, but we suggest pushing your comfort zone a bit on other equipment).
- Fee is $25 for first camp attended, $20 for second camp attended, $15 per camp after that.
- One T-shirt (which you will receive at the first camp you attend).
- Lunch is provided at all camps.
- Attend one, two, or all seven camps.
- Sessions will include technique along with choreography.
- Each camp will create groups of similar ability. You can move among them as your skills allow.
June 4 – Flag & Rifle Camp (@ Pomona HS, Arvada)
June 25 – Flag & Sabre Camp + Minis (@ Pomona HS, Arvada)
July 2 – Flag & Rifle Camp (
@ Pomona HS, Arvada) (Green Mountain HS, Lakewood)
July 9 – Flag &
Rifle Sabre Camp ( @ Pomona HS, Arvada) (Green Mountain HS, Lakewood)
July 30 – Dance Intensive Camp + Minis (Tent. @ Douglas County HS – Castle Rock)
August 13 – Full Camp with Dance, Flag, Rifle, Sabre (@ Mesa Ridge HS – Colorado Springs)
August 27 – Flag, Rifle, and Sabre Camp + Minis (@ Pomona HS, Arvada
(All camps run 9am-4pm with check-in starting at 8:30am)
What to Bring
- Water bottle with water. Water will be available to refill.
- Sunscreen. Some sessions may be outdoors.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move in – appropriate for the weather.
- Guard gloves, if you have them.
- Any flag, rifle, or sabre you have that you want to use. We will have some extras.
- Money for camp fees, if you have not prepaid.
- A friend to share the experience with – the more the merrier!
Prepay Camp Fees Using PayPal
Contact us at Spin@MalachiWinterguard.org if you have any questions.